- Letter: Fun run was a success
- The 2013 Lamb Derby Run/Walk was a huge success.
There were 141 participants. The Willows Music Boosters would like to thank trumpeter Tyler Fisher, who started the race; 2013 Lamb Derby Queen Theresa Biggs, who awarded the medals; and workers Shel... Full story
- Letter: Thanks for supporting baseball
- I would like to thank the community for their strong support of the Willows High School Alumni Baseball Dinner held on April 20 in Willows.
It was wonderful seeing so many baseball alumni, coaches, players and community members in attendance. We ap... Full story
- Letter: Thanks for field trip support
- We would like to thank everyone who made our Pathways to Nature science field trip possible.
Through the gift of their time, resources, and knowledge, we enjoyed a unique and exciting learning experience.
We would like to thank Chet and Angela Vog... Full story
- Letter: Food bank working
- The Willows Food Bank would like to thank those who have made donations since we have taken over the task of operations, beginning Feb. 1.
During that time period, we have provided families over 11,000 meals. We know that the food has been greatly ... Full story
- Letter: Rangeland group applauded
- Glenn County Rangeland Association, GCRA, is to be congratulated on resisting the insidious creep of Agenda 21.
Their resistance to the Foothill Legacy Area and America's Great Outdoors initiative was indeed a victory for property owners in Glenn Co... Full story
- Government crosses line
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
The developing scandals involving the Internal Revenue Service and the Justice Department have this much in common: They reveal a rather stunning level of hubris within the Obama administration.
Twice in recent months, fe... Full story
- Ron Hart: From Benghazi to IRS, O-bots abound
- Near the 2012 election, and after bragging about killing bin Laden based on intelligence gained by water-boarding (a tactic he campaigned against), Barack Obama and his O-bots lied to us about Benghazi. O-bots are the many disciples in his administra... Full story
- Thomas D. Elias: Constitutional crisis over prisons?
- Rarely since the Civil War have state officials anywhere in America been as close to openly defying federal authority as Gov. Jerry Brown and the Legislature are today.
Brown averted a constitutional crisis in mid-May, when he acceded to the demand ... Full story
- Ron Hart: Commencement reality speech
- In yet another bad decision, an education administrator asked me to give a high school commencement speech. The principal must know I write a column; he obviously hasn't read it.
When I questioned his wisdom, the principal said, "Just give the kids ... Full story
- Thomas D. Elias: Toll roads sound warning for rail
- Gov. Jerry Brown, construction labor unions and some others are determined to proceed with California's nascent bullet train, with the first tracks scheduled to be laid later this year between Madera and the south end of Fresno in the San Joaquin Val... Full story