- Letter: Re: Clarification
- I am writing to correct a misinterpretation of a comment made during the Board of Supervisors meeting on Feb. 18. I am neither stepping into, nor applying for the position of (Glenn County) assistant clerk/recorder. The comment made by Susie Alves ab... Full story
- Letter: Re: Orland board
- Examples of the ineptness of the current Orland Unified School Board are well documented. (See the Dec.19 Chico Enterprise-Record editorial).
The condescending attitude of this board was never more evident than at their regularly scheduled meeting t... Full story
- Letter: Re: Doug LaMalfa
- During his run for Congress, U.S. Representative Doug LaMalfa left no doubt where he stood on immigration: "America needs a clear and enforceable policy that promotes legal immigration and doesn't reward illegal immigration. Amnesty is not an accepta... Full story
- Letter: Re: Doug LaMalfa
- Congressman Doug LaMalfa's official website says, "Our gratitude is not enough. I will always fight to protect the benefits that veterans earned."
Mmmmmmm….wonder how he squares that with his recent vote to cut promised cost of living adjustm... Full story
- Letter: Re: Basketball tourney
- I would like to extend my gratitude to the Willows Lion's Club for co-sponsoring the 32nd annual boy's basketball tournament held Jan. 9-11 at the Willows Intermediate School. Eight seventh-grade boy's teams and eight eighth-grade boy's teams played ... Full story
- Eddie Lou: Obamacare delay good for business
- The White House delayed for one year a requirement under the Affordable Care Act that small businesses provide health insurance to its employees.
This provision, commonly known as the employer mandate, calls for businesses with 50 or more workers to... Full story
- Our View: 5 reasons to worry about U.S. debt
- To read the news, you'd think America's fiscal problems are under control. After all, following four years of $1 trillion-plus deficits, this year's will be "only" $642 billion. And Congress actually cut spending this year by letting the sequester ha... Full story
- Ron Hart: Marriage should be divorced from government
- With the Supreme Court effectively ruling in favor of gay marriage, options have narrowed for its opponents. We libertarians praise the ruling, as does your nephew who TIVOs "Glee," can never quite throw a spiral, and refers to "Top Gun" as "Oh, that... Full story
- Other View: Public employees should share in pension costs
- San Jose Mercury News
Given the choice between a Volkswagen or a Rolls-Royce for the same price, most of us would take the Rolls.
That's essentially what's going on with pensions for employees of at least 117 Bay Area government agencies. They get ... Full story
- Amy Goodman – DOMA ruling: Two steps forward, one step back
- The U.S. Supreme Court announced three historic 5-4 decisions this week. In the first, a core component of the Voting Rights Act was gutted, enabling Southern states to enact regressive voting laws that will likely disenfranchise the ever-growing num... Full story