Letters to the Editor
- Letter: Thanks for the softball field
- As president and leading board member of The Orland Girls Softball League, I would like to extend a warm and sincere handshake to the members of the City Council. On Nov. 16, the City Council approved O.G.S.L.'s conversion of the Northwest section of... Full story
- More concerns about Orland Unified
- The more Orland public hears about what's happening at the Orland Unified School District office, the angrier the public gets. First, there's the $1.2 million in deficit. Then there's the ridiculous salaries of the superintendent and the budget... Full story
- MMA event at fairgrounds appreciated
- I want to applaud Orland for allowing the first MMA (mixed martial arts) fight at the fairgrounds on Oct. 26. I feel like they really took a chance on this, and it paid off.
The crowd it brought in was a little different than the usual racing types ... Full story
- Letter: Time to furlough Rep. Garamendi
- As a worker impacted by the recent federal government shutdown, and as a supervisor who has seen what this event has wrought on the good folks who work with me, I am compelled to write and suggest one way to prevent the problem from happening again.
... Full story
- Letter: Garamendi says let’s end the partial shutdown
- As your congressman, I want to give your readers an update on the government shutdown and the impact for Glenn County.
The shutdown has been very disruptive in this region. Key USDA offices in Willows and Colusa are shuttered, and with e-verify inac... Full story
- Letter: Administration trying to shift the blame
- We have a government shutdown. The federal employees will not get pay checks.
However, they do have health insurance, under the affordable health care law, without any exceptions, and so will many others whether they want it or can afford it. They w... Full story
- Letter: Administration to blame for district woes
- After reading the articles concerning the Orland Unified School District's budget woes, it is interesting to note that one local paper relied on only administrative information, another offered a more balanced yet not in-depth report, while the third... Full story
- Letter: Time to protect the North State’s water
- From the peak of Mount Lassen to the mouth of the Golden Gate, where's our water?
This summer, I reached the peak of Lassen and much to my dismay, the huge glacier is almost gone. There is nothing in the freezer.
Looking out west to my beloved Teha... Full story
- Letter: Committee, graduates thank community for support
- Would like to express our thanks for all of your support. It is a night of memories that are only possible due to all the hard work of parents, students, community members and area businesses.
We have memories that will last a lifetime. Thank you ag... Full story
- Letter: Outgoing city councilman reflects on his time in Willows
- After much thought and carefully weighing my options, I have decided to resign my position as a member of the Willows City Council. This has been a very difficult decision but one that I had to make.
I make this resignation (as) we will be moving fr... Full story