Letters to the Editor
- Letter: Re: Clarification
- I am writing to correct a misinterpretation of a comment made during the Board of Supervisors meeting on Feb. 18. I am neither stepping into, nor applying for the position of (Glenn County) assistant clerk/recorder. The comment made by Susie Alves ab... Full story
- Letter: Re: Orland board
- Examples of the ineptness of the current Orland Unified School Board are well documented. (See the Dec.19 Chico Enterprise-Record editorial).
The condescending attitude of this board was never more evident than at their regularly scheduled meeting t... Full story
- Letter: Re: Doug LaMalfa
- During his run for Congress, U.S. Representative Doug LaMalfa left no doubt where he stood on immigration: "America needs a clear and enforceable policy that promotes legal immigration and doesn't reward illegal immigration. Amnesty is not an accepta... Full story
- Letter: Re: Doug LaMalfa
- Congressman Doug LaMalfa's official website says, "Our gratitude is not enough. I will always fight to protect the benefits that veterans earned."
Mmmmmmm….wonder how he squares that with his recent vote to cut promised cost of living adjustm... Full story
- Letter: Re: Basketball tourney
- I would like to extend my gratitude to the Willows Lion's Club for co-sponsoring the 32nd annual boy's basketball tournament held Jan. 9-11 at the Willows Intermediate School. Eight seventh-grade boy's teams and eight eighth-grade boy's teams played ... Full story
- Letter: Re: Sober Grad Night
- Dear Editor and friends in the business community:
Each year the parents and students graduating from Willows High School, sponsor an All-Night Safe and Sober Graduation party. A group of concerned parents started this tradition years ago to provide... Full story
- Letter: Re: Food Bank thanks
- The Willows Community Food Bank would like everyone to know what a great community we have.
After beginning operation of the Food Bank the first of 2013, we were not sure how the community would respond in supporting the Food Bank. We learned a grea... Full story
- Letter: Re: Raffle thanks
- The Willows High School Class of 2015 would like to thank the Willows High School Boosters for sponsoring our first wood raffle.
We would also like to thank Mr. Bill Carriere for his generous donation of the pecan wood, and a big thank you to all wh... Full story
- Letter: Thanks for the softball field
- As president and leading board member of The Orland Girls Softball League, I would like to extend a warm and sincere handshake to the members of the City Council. On Nov. 16, the City Council approved O.G.S.L.'s conversion of the Northwest section of... Full story
- More concerns about Orland Unified
- The more Orland public hears about what's happening at the Orland Unified School District office, the angrier the public gets. First, there's the $1.2 million in deficit. Then there's the ridiculous salaries of the superintendent and the budget... Full story