- Community Briefs: June 19, 2013
- Tri-tip fundraiser at pool Friday
A tri-tip lunch fundraiser will be held from 11 a.m. — 4 p.m. Friday at the City Pool, 815 W. Laurel St.
Barbecue tri-tip sandwich, chips and a drink will be available for $8. Take-out is also available.
Thi... Full story
- Community Briefs: June 15, 2013
- Brews and Blues Festival today
The Community Wish Foundation will hold its annual Brews and Blues Festival from 4 p.m.-8 p.m. today at St. Monica's Parish Hall, 1129 W. Wood St., Willows.
Tickets at the door are $30.
Entry includes samples of beer... Full story
- Community Briefs: June 12, 2013
- Rotarians host guest speaker
Jeff Flemming will be the featured speaker at the Willows Rotary Club meeting at 12:15 p.m. Thursday at The Old 99 Steakhouse, 610 S. Tehama St., Willows.
Flemming will speak on his trip to Guatemala with the Santa Cruz... Full story
- Community Breifs: June 8, 2013
- Recreational activities available
The Willows Recreation Department will offer a variety of activities this summer including youth tennis camps, open gym days at Willows Intermediate School, and Camp Koolz for children entering first grade through f... Full story
- Community Briefs: June 5, 2013
- Festa set for June 16
The 70th annual Portuguese Festa will begin with Mass at 10 a.m. June 16 at St. Dominic's Church, 822 A St., Orland.
A lunch of traditional Portuguese food will be served from noon — 2 p.m., and dinner from 6:30-8 p.m. a... Full story
- Community Briefs: June 1, 2013
- Fire area open to visitors
The Mill Fire area that has been closed since last summer reopens today — including the off-road trails.
However, the Old Mill Campground remains closed.
The fire started near the campground. It burned nearly 30,00... Full story
- School Briefs: June 1, 2013
- Scholarships for gift of life
Cassandra Carper, a graduating senior from Orland High School, and Taylor Gleason, a graduating senior from Elk Creek High School, have received $500 scholarships from BloodSource.
The non-profit awarded 108 scholarshi... Full story
- Community Briefs: May 29, 2013
- William Finch hosts event
William Finch School will hold a musical performance from 7 p.m.-8:15 p.m. June 5 at the school in Orland, 607 E. Tehama St.
Elementary and high school students will present "Singing the Standards: A Showcase of What We Le... Full story
- Community Briefs: May 25, 2013
- Holiday weekend brings risks
With the Memorial Day weekend promising to be filled sunshine and warm temperatures, emergency service agencies remind residents that increased recreational activities also mean increased risks in and out of the water.
... Full story
- Community Briefs: May 22, 2013
- Life jacket trade-in slated
Old, worn, or sun-bleached lifejackets can be exchanged for a new, U.S. Coast Guard-approved type III life jackets at the Buckhorn Campground at Black Butte Lake on May 24.
This program is sponsored by the California Dep... Full story