- Community Calendar: Dec. 4, 2013
Orland Chamber of Commerce general meeting, noon, Round Table Pizza, 302 E. Walker St.
Willows Planning Commission, 7 p.m. 201 N. Lassen St., Willows.
Willows Rotary Club meeting, 12:15 p.m., Old 99 Steakhouse, 610 S. Tehama St., W... Full story
- Death Notices: Dec. 4, 2013
- Theresa Helen Smith
Theresa Helen Smith, 95, of Willows, died Nov. 27, 2013, in Willows. Funeral Arrangements are under the direction of F.D. Sweet & Son Mortuary, 114 N. Shasta St. Willows.
Michael Howard Hughes
Michael Howard Hughes, 66, of ... Full story
- Community Briefs: Christmas comes to Willows
- Christmas comes to Willows
A unique selections of gifts, homemade goodies, handmade items, holiday crafts and gifts for everyone on your Christmas list will be available at the Christmas Craft Fair, sponsored by the Willows Chamber of Commerce. The... Full story
- Four generations gather for Thanksgiving
- Four generations celebrated in Willows during the 2013 Thanksgiving holiday: Great-grandmother Marvine Elliott, left, grandmother Amanda Castillo and mother Maria Aguilera with baby Aczel.... Full story
- Looking Back: Dec. 4, 2013
- Glenn County Transcript
- Compiled from the archives of the Glenn Transcript and other local papers:
100 years ago
Our Thanksgiving passed in the good old quiet way. We are all very thankful for the many blessings of the past year. While many have had their path strewn wit... Full story
- 295 Glenn County 4-H members participate in livestock judging
- Glenn County Transcript
- Approximately 295 Glenn County 4-H members participated in the Glenn County 4-H Livestock Judging Field Day Nov. 16.
Top Point winners included Trinity Cobb of the Lake 4-H, in the junior division; Austin Burreson, Lake 4-H, intermediate; Raelene Ga... Full story
- Community Calendar: Nov. 27, 2013
Glenn County Master Gardeners plant clinic, 2 p.m.-4 p.m., 821 E. South St., Orland. 865-1107.
Certified Farmers Market, 4 p.m.-7 p.m., Butte and Sycamore streets, Willows. 934-4601, ext. 5.
Jimmy's Thanksgiving dinner, noon-3 p.m.... Full story
- Death Notices: Nov. 27, 2013
- Linda Kay Thurman
Linda Kay Thurman, 64, of Willows, died on Nov. 21, 2013, in Sacramento. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of F. D. Sweet & Son Mortuary, 114 N. Shasta St., Willows.
Belva Olson, 90, of Orland, died Nov... Full story
- School News: Willows student finishes second in Agribee
- Gracie Flowerdew from Walden Academy in Willows finished second in the regional final Agribee against 18 other students on Friday at the Patrick Ranch in Durham.
The Butte County Farm Bureau hosted the event.
Jakob Navarrete, a fifth-grade student ... Full story
- Community Briefs: Thanskgiving dinners in Willows, Orland
- The annual Jimmy's free Thanksgiving dinner will be held Thursday from noon-3 p.m. at the Willows Elks Lodge, 150 S. Shasta St., Willows. The annual Community Thanksgiving dinner will be held from noon-5 p.m. at the Moose Lodge, 605 Fifthe St., Orlan... Full story