- Engagement: Rogers - Minto
- Ty Marsters Minto and Molly Kathleen Rogers are planning to be married in April. Minto, a Corning High graduate, received his bachelor's degree in kinesiology from California State University, Chico. He is employed as a physical education teacher at ... Full story
- Nordyke celebrating 50 years
- In 1962, Lillian Haynes-Chorn introduced her sister, Sallie Higgenbotham, originally from Missouri, to Navy Seaman Russell Nordyke, of Ladoga.
Four months later, on Dec. 7, they were married in Reno, Nev. They both have traveled the U.S. and other c... Full story
- Neuhardt, Scott married on Aug. 5
- Lindsay Brooke Neuhardt and David Benjamin Scott exchanged marriage vows Aug. 5 at Willows Memorial Hall, where a reception followed.
Lindsay is the daughter of Floyd Neuhardt and Carol Neuhardt of Willows. She is attending Butte College and plans t... Full story
- In the military: Mendes
- Michael J. Mendes. a 1998 Willows High alum, has graduated from the Officer Candidate School (OCS) at Fort Benning, Columbus, Ga., and was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserve.
Distinguished military graduates are students wh... Full story
- 'Agribee' winner
- Willows third-grader Lauren Taylor smiles big after winning the Murdock Elementary School “Agribee” last week. The “Agribee” is similar to traditional spelling bees, but with an emphasis on words and phrases related to agricul... Full story
- In the military: Danley
- Air Force Airman Timothy Danley, a 2010 Willows High alum, recently graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.
The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military disci... Full story
- Math challenge rewarding in different ways
- Manuel Lederer, 8, winds up to plant a cream pie on the face of Murdock principal Kathy Parsons. Lederer was one of 23 students selected to pelt the principal with pies after completing a school-wide math challenge last week.... Full story
- Elk Creek homecoming
- ... Full story
- Wedding: Duggal - Garner
- John Garner of Willows and Neha Duggal of Modesto were wed June 19, 2010, at the Double Tree Hotel in Modesto, officiated by the Rev. Rick Schlosser.
John, son of Randy and Renee Garner of Willows, is a graduate of U.C. Davis and the University of S... Full story
- Celebration: Wilma Hattrup Scott turns 101
- Wilma Hattrup Scott gets a pre-birthday photo taken Thursday at the Willows Care Center where she has lived since March 2007. She celebrates her 101st birthday today. Born in Washington state in 1909, she moved to Orland with her family when she was ... Full story