- Engagement: Overholtzer-Bruce
- Mr. and Mrs. Jay Overholtzer of Orland are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Dr. Lisa Overholtzer, to Dr. Travis Bruce, son of Paul and Susan Bruce of Moore, Okla.
The bride-to-be graduated from the University of California, Berk... Full story
- 100th Birthday: Dominguez
- Courtesy photo
- Willows Care Center helped Margarita Dominguez celebrate her 100th birthday on Feb. 11 with family and friends.
Dominguez was born in Kansas City on Feb. 11, 1914, to Paulina Ibarra and Angelita Hernandez.
She moved to Mexico when she was 5 years o... Full story
- Nordyke celebrating 50 years
- In 1962, Lillian Haynes-Chorn introduced her sister, Sallie Higgenbotham, originally from Missouri, to Navy Seaman Russell Nordyke, of Ladoga.
Four months later, on Dec. 7, they were married in Reno, Nev. They both have traveled the U.S. and other c... Full story
- Neuhardt, Scott married on Aug. 5
- Lindsay Brooke Neuhardt and David Benjamin Scott exchanged marriage vows Aug. 5 at Willows Memorial Hall, where a reception followed.
Lindsay is the daughter of Floyd Neuhardt and Carol Neuhardt of Willows. She is attending Butte College and plans t... Full story
- In the military: Mendes
- Michael J. Mendes. a 1998 Willows High alum, has graduated from the Officer Candidate School (OCS) at Fort Benning, Columbus, Ga., and was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserve.
Distinguished military graduates are students wh... Full story
- 'Agribee' winner
- Willows third-grader Lauren Taylor smiles big after winning the Murdock Elementary School “Agribee” last week. The “Agribee” is similar to traditional spelling bees, but with an emphasis on words and phrases related to agricul... Full story
- In the military: Danley
- Air Force Airman Timothy Danley, a 2010 Willows High alum, recently graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.
The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military disci... Full story
- Math challenge rewarding in different ways
- Manuel Lederer, 8, winds up to plant a cream pie on the face of Murdock principal Kathy Parsons. Lederer was one of 23 students selected to pelt the principal with pies after completing a school-wide math challenge last week.... Full story
- Elk Creek homecoming
- ... Full story
- Wedding: Duggal - Garner
- John Garner of Willows and Neha Duggal of Modesto were wed June 19, 2010, at the Double Tree Hotel in Modesto, officiated by the Rev. Rick Schlosser.
John, son of Randy and Renee Garner of Willows, is a graduate of U.C. Davis and the University of S... Full story